Recipe Courtesy:Ayisha Bashir
My daughter’s nursery hosted a bake sale in which they encouraged the use of healthy alternatives and so there were eggless , dairy free, gluten free, sugar free and refined ingredients free baked goodies. This is where I met Ayisha and her soft & fluffy eggless and dairy free Chocolate cake.
My motto has always been, “Healthy alternatives” just don’t sound or taste right. But this recipe has proven me wrong. One bite of her cake and I realised that this is a recipe that has to be shared and Ayisha graciously agreed to it!
This is the perfect recipe to introduce your child or anyone to the baking experience. It is done completely by hand and doesn’t require any fancy equipment. Moreover, the end result is always appreciated!!
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.
Flour -1.5 cups
Brown Sugar(packed) -1 cup
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Salt- 1/2 tsp
Unsweetened Cocoa- 4 tbsp
Vegetable Oil – 6 tbsp
White Vinegar – 1 tsp
Water -1 cup
Vanilla Essence- 1tsp
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees . Prepare and line a 5inch square tin or 6 inch round tin with grease proof paper or baking parchment.
2. Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
3. Add the sugar to the flour mixture and combine it using a fork or spatula. (If the sugar is too granulated, just run it in the mixer once so that it’s easier to dissolve)
4. Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients . Add water , oil, vinegar and vanilla.
5. Use a spatula to fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients till you get a smooth and lump free batter.
6. Transfer the batter into the prepared and dish and bake for 55-60 mts at 180 degrees.Test with a skewer whether it is done .
Update: If you are making cupcakes, this recipe makes 12 cupcakes. Bake it for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.