This mother daughter duo is our family’s experts in DIY. Jolly ellemma and Achu decided that they had had enough of the shop bought frozen Chicken Balls and decided to replicate it at home. The rest is history !
These make excellent starters and are a big hit with the children and grownups. The melting cheese in the centre enhances the flavoured chicken with just the right amount of saltiness and moistness.
• Blend the fresh bread in a blender (no water added) for a minute or two to get fresh and fine breadcrumbs.
• Breadcrumbs of around 3 slices should be added to the chicken mix. The rest is used for crumb coating.
• Chop cheddar cheese into tiny cubes.
• Alternatively, you could replace cheese with frankfurter or sausage cubes
Chicken -1Kg deboned
Green Chillies – 3 deseeded
Garlic -2-3 cloves
Celery – 1 stalk
Bread -6-7 slices (3 for chicken mix and rest for crumb coating)
Salt -to Taste
Pepper -to taste
Oil for coating hands and frying
- Blend the fresh chicken, celery, green chillies and garlic in a blender.
- Alternatively, you could use minced chicken. Add to this , a blend of the celery, green chillies and garlic .
- Add a beaten egg, bread crumbs (around 3slices) and salt & pepper to the chicken mix.
- Oil your hands. Take a spoonful of chicken mix and make it into a ball.
- Flatten it and add the cubed cheese in the centre. Now roll it into a ball.
- Take small bowl and add the bread crumbs to it. Roll the chicken ball in the bread crumb mixture.
- This can be frozen and used later. You could directly fry the frozen balls. There is no need for it to thaw.
- Heat the oil . Fry the balls on a medium flame till they are lightly brown. Drain it and set it aside.
- Flash fry this again . This ensures that the cheese inside is melted and the coating outside remains crisp.
For printouts, please click the following link Chicken Balls
For any queries , please email me at mayasLABrecipes@gmail.com
Shemomechama (v)- Eating beyond the point of feeling full because you’re enjoying your food so much